When an 83-year-old man in Turkey lost his house in a terrible fire, he was homeless and without possessions. However, he did not lose his most important possession- his tiny, blonde-furred cat.
According to a news report, when the fire happened, Ali Meşe, had been trying to light a gas stove inside his house. A small explosion occurred in his living room, causing a fire to sweep through his single-story wooden home.
Neighbors called the fire brigade, and rescue workers saved Meşe, as well as his wife, son, and cat. Sadly it was too late to save their house that had collapsed into itself, leaving a mess of wooden planks and metal roofing.
In an emotional photo, Meşe is pictured hugging his frightened cat while firefighters survey the damage. Meşe leaned on his cane while using his other hand to hold his cat against his chest.
Meşe was injured in the fire and had to go to the hospital. His story spread across Turkey while he recovered. The Turkish Red Crescent, a division of the International Red Cross, presented Meşe with gifts in the hospital. The gifts weren’t exactly for Meşe, they were for his cat.
Red Crescent officials can be seen presenting Meşe with a new cat bed and a cat carrier. “Let’s keep him and his cat warm,” Kerem Kinik, president of the Red Crescent, wrote on Twitter.
Before long Meşe was reunited with his beloved cat. Someone brought the little cat directly to the hospital. In another sweet photo, Meşe is shown to be hugging his cat with a smile on his face.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”