Here are some helpful tips for you and your best friend.
1. A carabiner is an easy way to secure your dog’s leash when you’re out in public.
2. Attach a bottle opener to your dog’s collar.
3. If your dog eats too fast, put a ball in the food bowl.
4. Use a plastic pitcher for dog food. It’s easier to pour and keeps the food fresh.
6. Use a squeegee for easy removal of pet hair from carpet.
7. Sprinkle a little bit of fresh parsley into your dog’s food to freshen their breath.
8. Memorize the foods that are toxic to dogs and keep them out of their reach.
9. For an easy treat on hot days, cut up apples in low sodium chicken broth and freeze in an ice cube tray.
10. Use citronella, rosemary, eucalyptus, cedar, lemongrass essential oils for a natural way to fight fleas and ticks instead of toxic chemicals.
Choose only therapeutic grade essential oils to ensure that the oils are pure and safe. For more information, check out ADR The Animal Desk Reference for Essential Oils For Animals by Melissa Shelton DVM.
11. Know your dog’s language.
12. Use shower caps while in the bathtub to prevent water and soap from getting into their ears or eyes.
13. Make pill pockets for their medicine.
14. To remove pet hair from upholstery, dampen a rubber glove and run your gloved hand over it.
15. If your dog doesn’t like having his teeth brushed, squeeze some enzymatic dog toothpaste onto a Nylabone or rope toy.
16. Use baking soda to get dog urine out of carpet.
17. If your dog isn’t feeling well, add some low-sodium chicken broth to the drinking water.
18. Use this tip if your dog ever gets lost.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”