Tar pits are very common in Chile. Jhonny Alquinta stopped to look at one particular one.
When Jhonny stepped out of the car, he noticed something moving in the tar.
He couldn’t believe he saw a dog! Jhonny and his son worked to get the poor pup out the tar. In the process they also discovered that he had actually been tied in a sack.
They couldn’t believe that someone would do something so evil to an animal.
She was very weak and fading fast. They knew they had to act fast.
They immediately rushed the dog to the nearest vet and received terrible news. Because of her prolonged exposure to the toxic stuff, the puppy had little chance of survival.
It took the staff four hours to get her cleaned up. Every loving touch made her stronger.
Once they had finished, she began to show joy and wagged her tail! They knew they had a survivor on their hands.
They name her Quitran, which is the Spanish word for “tar.”
Quitran is growing stronger every day. She will stay at the clinic until she is healthy enough to be adopted. People are already eager to make her a part of their family.
Thank God for people for like Jhonny and his son. While this poor baby experienced something truly awful, she also got to experience the good that people have in their hearts.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”